Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Surreal: Let It Free

This is a picture of Hiral and she has butterflies coming out of her head to symbolize the freeing of negative thoughts and unnecessary clutter. To make this photograph I first found picture a picture of a black and white sky. Then, I took a picture of Hiral, selected only her out of the picture, and pasted her on the picture of the sky. I made her black and white to make the whole photo cohesive. I then took pictures of different colored butterflies and cropped them into the picture. I selected all the layers of the butterflies and made a copy of the layers. I lowered the opacity of the butterflies using the duplicate layers and then made them all black and white using the original layers. Finally, I gave all the butterflies a drop shadow to make them pop. I think this photograph perfectly interpreted what I had planned.  

1 comment:

  1. I really likes this photo. The things I did like where the background and how it was just an open ocean and cloudy and dark. The background made the butterflies pop out more and it drew my attention to it. The one thing I didn't like is how dark Hiral was she kind of looks like a demon. Overall I really like the picture though

    ReplyDelete